A meaty, veggie, lettucey extravaganza…better known by the Oompah Loompah’s as…not just a mere salad…but an Italian salad!
What do you get when lettuce is ho hum? Add vinegar and Oil with Oregano’s buzz.
Why don’t you try Genoa, Ham and Provolone?
Or just bells of peppers and onions! I don’t mind the looks of an Italian Stallion salad for me…
And I’ll stop now! Munch it away, lovely people!
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or italian seasoning
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 slices genoa salami
- 2 slices deli honey ham
- 1 slice of provolone, halved
- 2-3 leaves Romaine lettuced, julienned
- 1/8 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/8 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced
- Whisk all ingredients together until a lovely pinkish red in color.
- Divide the Genoa, ham and provolone into 3 even stacks suitable for rolling. Stack the ham on top of the Genoa and the provolone on top of the ham. Roll into a log and slice into 1/2" pinwheels.
- Slice your veggies. Arrange the lettuce, veg and meaty pinwheels on a salad plate. Drizzle with Oregano Vinaigrette and enjoy!