Every now and then you stumble upon an unexpected find. Beautiful photographs, local treasures, and comforting regional recipes along with crafts and tablescapes to create not just a meal, but an experience.
I was presently surprised by Pippa Middleton’s Celebrate. Like most, I questioned it for all the standard reasons, only to find that this tome has much to recommend it. Many of the games are inviting and approachable. The crafts are kid-friendly, fun and, the most important of words, inexpensive.
And at the end of the day, isn’t that what we’re all looking for? A luxurious evening spent with family and friends enjoying a warm, home cooked meal amongst card games, kids racing in the garden amid donuts hanging from trees?
Take this marbled blackberry butter. Ready in minutes and pairing tangy blackberries with buttery sweetness to finish a meal in style. Elegant, comforting, and given that it’s housed in the Halloween section, there’s even a hint of holiday humor! It does have a rather ghoulish gleam to it! Wicked fun, simple tastes, perfect with my Tealightful Crumpets! xoxo
- 3 blackberries (literally!)
- 1/2 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- In a tiny pan, melt the blackberries in the lemon juice and confectioner's sugar until soft and jammy. Place in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes. Fold the chilled blackberries into the softened butter blending as much as desired. Serve with my Tealightful Crumpets
- Recipe yields 4 tablespoons of Blackberry Butter