Creamy plain yogurt against the sweetness of jam underneath a rich peanut butter granola. A spring breakfast with strawberries fresh from the garden.
There’s something to be said about keeping things simple. Layering fresh ingredients in a matter of minutes to create a balanced treat – the old peanut…PEANUT BUTTER….Jelly jingle made even better with jazz hands and cinnamon jam!
There’s not much to this dish! Inspired by a recipe from Andie Mitchell’s latest, I was drawn to the fresh take on granola…why not peanut butter granola…why not pb&j parfaits! But keep it healthy? Afterall, breakfast is only the first meal of the day!|
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon salted peanuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 a tub of plain yogurt (Yoplait, Greek, Icelandic...endless possibilities)
- 1 teaspoon strawberry preserves
- 2-3 fresh strawberries, quartered
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Stir the rolled oats, salted peanuts and cinnamon until well combined. In a small bowl, microwave the honey and peanut butter for 15 seconds to melt. Add this to the dry ingredients stirring to coat evenly. Spread the granola on a prepped baking sheet in a single flattened layer. Bake at 300° for 5 minutes for chewy granola or 7 minutes for crunchy!
- I like to layer mine as follows: yogurt on bottom, thin layer of jam studded with fresh berries and topped with granola. But ultimately, I'm just gonna stir it all together, so there's really nothing stopping you from digging in!