Hereby presenting a playbill in the style of Shakespeare…
Oreo and Pizookie
Act II, Scene II
The Dessert Orchard
Enter Pizookie. Oreo appears above at a window…
Oreo, Oreo. Where for art thou Oreo??
I crushed your little heart
And melted you into butter.
Added a little sweetness and spice.
You’re in the dollop of cookies and cream ice cream
and on a really bad day, you might even be in the whipped topping.
Shall I hear more or shall I speak at this?
Tis but thy calories that are my enemy.
Thou art thyself, though no longer just an Oreo.
What is Oreo? It is not cookie, nor biscuit,
Nor cake, nor pie, nor any other sweet
Belonging to the sucré. O, be some other name!
What’s in a name, anyhow? That which we call an Oreo
Melts into a wondrous delight when dipped in milk.
So Oreo would, were he not Oreo call’d,
Retain that superior delice which he owes
Without that title. Oreo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is not all of thee
Don this new title of Oreo Pizookie….
Because I had an exhausting day and because Shakespeare said so! Afterall, as Shakespeare wrote it, so mote it be, right!
This is a copycat of a restaurant recipe. After surfing the web, I realized no one had quite cracked the recipe code to BJ’s Oreo Pizookie® recipe, which let’s be honest, is so good it just might have you misquoting Shakespeare! Who doesn’t love a little Shakespeare and Oreos! You know you’re out there…. 🙂
Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 10-15 minutes Makes: 1 Serving
Special Equipment: Small Ramekin
For the Oreo Pizookie®
3 Oreos (or 15 mini Oreos), blitzed in a mini food processor
1½ tablespoons of butter, melted
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, to serve
For the Oreo Whipped Cream
1/2 oreo (or 2 mini oreos), blitzed in a mini food processor
Ready Whip Extra Creamy Whipped Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Oreo Pizookie® – Mix all ingredients together in a small ramekin. Don’t even worry about the messy, you can use a spatula to clean off the sides of the ramekin! Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until set. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
3. Cookies & Cream Ice Cream (if using) – Well, Hello Dollop!
4. Oreo Whipped Cream (if using) – Mix the whipped cream with 1 crushed Oreo (or 3 crushed mini Oreos) together and set in the fridge to chill whilst the Oreo Pizookie® bakes.
5. Serve warm from the oven. Yum!