We are a house trivided. Two die hard Patriots, two any other team but the Patriots fans and me…who doesn’t know enough about football to even know who the Patriots are!
After Sunday’s incredible game, it goes without saying that no matter your preferred team spirit, it was a night for the books. If all football games were as exciting as that one, I might become an avid tailgaiting fan! But really, I’m just there for the food, the commercials and the halftime show!
So in the spirit of Superbowl Sunday, how about a little game day recipe – Mexican Street Corn. So easy!
- 3 mini ears of corn on the cob
- 1½ tablespoons Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 1/2 teaspoon southwest chipotle seasoning
- 1 (1") lime wedge
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake the corn at 350° for 10 minutes. Switch the broiler on to Hi and broil for 5-7 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and set aside. Chop the cilantro, grate the parm and grab a lime wedge!
- When the corn is ready, generously coat each side with the garlic mayo. Sprinkle with parm, cilantro, a spritz of lime juice and a dash of southwest chipotle seasoning for a hint of heat. Serve warm.
- Recipe yields 3 mini ears of corn.