It’s snowing outside coating the land in beautiful winter haze. I’m cuddled up inside craving something warm and sweet. For years, I’ve been trying to crack the cornbread code resulting in a decadent treat that is part cake, part cornbread. That Marie Callender is a smart woman as this cornbread is so easy to make. In fact, it begs for a little laziness! Top with butter, drizzle with honey and soon you’ll have your new favorite “honey” butter!
P.S. Does anyone know if Marie Callendar is a real person? 🙂
- 2½ tablespoons Jiffy Cornbread mix
- 1½ tablespoons Jiffy Yellow Cake mix
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- A pat of butter
- A drizzle of honey!
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Serve with "Honey" Butter.
- This makes a small 5" mini cornbread cake. Enough for 2 pieces of cornbread!