Fiery. Crunchy. Cheesy. Comforting. Casserole.
Few things are as welcoming as a simple childhood favorite. Perfect for last minute guests, the family table or just for a little lunchtime leftovers.
Casseroles are the perfect opportunity to load up on vegetables – freshly minced garlic, petite peas, diced carrots, yellow onions and anything else that sounds good to you!
But the real treat are the jalapeño chips nestled on top, golden in the light, adding a bit of a fiery chip on this ole casserole’s shoulders. A lovely surprise! Cheers! xoxo
- 2/3 lb wide egg noodles (a smidge over half the package)
- 1 (10¾ oz) can Cream of Chicken + Mushroom Soup
- 1 (5 oz) can albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled + finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Sea salt + fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup jalapeño chips (such as Mrs. Vickies)
- 1/3 cup of cheddar
- 1 scallion white + light green parts only, thinly sliced, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prep the pasta per the packages instructions until just shy of al dente (it will finish cooking in the oven). Set aside to drain.
- For the tuna casserole, stir the remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Feel free to add additional milk as needed. Season to taste.
- Pour the tuna casserole into a medium baking dish. Evenly top with the jalapeno chips and remaining 1/3 cup of cheddar.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly! Garnish with scallions and serve warm.