How do you like your Butterbeer? Chilled or Cocoa? Iced or Ice Creamed? Alcoholic or Shirley Temple style? Butterbeer may be one of the most versatile recipes in Hogsmeade. Some recipes literally translate the term by adding a tablespoon of melted butter to beer or cream soda. Some rely on their sweet tooth, savoring a variation on Butterscotch Beer. So many options!
We’re one step closer to our Harry Potterween party. Last week, we introduced a hearty Quidditch Chowder that melted into a vegetarian soffrito of carrots, peas, potatoes, leeks and garlic. This week, we’re feeding our inner child with this smooth and creamy Butterscotch Float.
First introduced at the Three Broomsticks in the Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban, Butterbeer can be made with just 4 ingredients, a blender and a “foaming tankard!” How’s that for a rather delicious drink to decorate your Halloween table! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons - 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon Butterscotch + more for serving!
- 1 cup Vanilla Cream Soda
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- Place the ice cream, butterscotch and cream soda in a blender and liquefy until smooth and creamy. Pour into a "foaming tankard," top with whipped cream and drizzle with a little Butterscotch for presentation! Sensational sippers!
- For Butterbeer, use 2 tablespoons of ice cream.
- For Butterbeer Floats, use 1/4 cup of ice cream.