Who’s up for a little campfire food? You know, somewhere just north of the heat, assemble, eat territory probably founded by the ‘man, a can, a plan’ school of cooking? It’s amazing that next to no effort can lead to a delicious handheld meal!
In fact, there’s so little “cooking” needed for a Frito Chili Cheese Wrap, that it’s perfect for the Sunday before Thanksgiving!
So, here’s what I’m thinking – cooking for one. Check! Wolf brand chili with beans will cover the ‘can’ scenario of our food formula, which just leaves us with the plan. Simple, we need a bag of fritos, some cheese, and any other fixings you like on your frito chili cheese pies! Wrap it in a burrito, tuck it in some foil cause let’s be honest, this could get messy, and pronto presto that’s a wrap!
Add in a little Jack Reacher movie action and we’re ready to eat. I’m hungry!
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 (15oz) can chili with beans (such as Wolf Brand Chili)
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 snack-sized bag of chili cheese fritos
- Toppings (ketchup, mustard, whatever)
- A small piece of aluminum foil, for wrapping
- Heat the chili over medium heat until bubbly! Microwave the burrito for 10 seconds (unless you happen to have a campfire handy in which case warm in a small frying pan for 30 seconds over a hot fire).
- Top the tortilla with the chili cheese fritos, a couple spoonfuls of chili, onion, shredded cheese and whatever toppings you like on your chili cheese wraps. Hug it with a burrito, wrap in a small piece of aluminum foil and enjoy!