As the comforts of winter baking fade slowly into the abundant produce of spring, I find myself craving the comforts of a simply dressed salad. And no, it’s not just the leftover limericks of Saint Patrick’s Day!
The sun is shining, the temperature’s warming up and healthy habits are temporarily calling my name. What can I say, I’m a baker at heart!
This salad is the perfect showcase for all things green. Grab a bowl and fill it with anything you like – jalapenos, fried green tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini or cabbage. As for me, I’m thinking southwest style!
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1-2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful of fresh cilantro, minced
- 4-5 leaves of Romaine, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Wash, dry and julienne the Romaine. Generously season the avocado with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat. Finish the salad with thinly sliced scallions and minced cilantro.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing. I chose our Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing .