Happy Easter! We’re having breakfast with Chrissy Teigen…her new cookbook that is! As I munch on creamy Parmiggiano eggs, I find myself captivated by her stories, the food photography, even her tips and tricks. Her personality is vivid, like cooking with a good friend! Her voice is relaxed, friendly and filled with the confidence that you will love the recipes she has in store for you.
I’ve made a handful of the dishes so beautifully tucked within the pages, all ready in minutes, all brimming with flavor, all foods I really want to eat! Cravings…such a good title! And you gotta love a cook who not only shares with her pets, but talks to them like little people! I can seriously picture her having lunch…with her dogs…chatting away about their day!
Mmm small bursts of thyme. So good with the parmiggiano! Breakfast and a salad! You should totally grab a fork and come join me! Cheese! xoxo
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmiggiano, plus a little extra for decor
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus a little extra for decorating
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- A mini cast iron skillet
- Whisk the cream, parm, and teaspoon of fresh thyme in a small mixing bowl seasoning to taste.
- Melt the butter in a mini skillet over medium heat. Gently crack the egg into the center and season to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes (depending on how well done you like your eggs. I'm going for over medium!)
- Gently pour the cheesy cream around the edge of the egg and simmer over medium heat until the egg is over easy...medium..well done! As you wish!
- Decorate with fresh thyme and cracked pepper. Yum!