This month is super expensive. But I have a plan! And I shall name said plan: if you plant it, money will grow on it.
Or I could just suck it up and be broke…bah humbug. Yeah! December is just expensive. The Christmas presents, bits in bobs for the tree. The nog, the glogg, the wassail, the cocktails. Cookies for Santa, the munchies for that annoying Elf sunning himself lazy on the shelf.
But mostly, December is the month of books! Glorious, joyous stacks of books. Days spent lovingly meandering my local Barnes & Noble randomly selecting stories, tales and adventures to be bakelisted 😉 in 2016!
So as the violin strums the most beautiful broke chord in the proverbial book, I say cheers to turning a $3 store-bought tub of ho-hum into a gourmet taste-stravaganza. Now that’s creative cooking!
Happy tastes to you. Until we eat again…xoxo Single Girl!
- 1 Simply Asia Roasted Peanut Needle Bowl, prepped per instructions
- 1 small chicken breast, thawed, cleaned and dried
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, ground
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters
- 1 tablespoon Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/64 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Clean and dry the chicken breast. Finely grind the honey roasted peanuts in a mini food processor.
- Next, set up 3 separate dipping stations as follows: one for the Egg Beaters, whisk together the flour, salt and cayenne for the second and place the ground honey roasted peanuts in the third.
- Season the chicken to taste, dip both sides with the Egg Beaters and immediately begin coating with the flour mixture shaking off any excess. Coat with peanuts and gently transfer it to a quarter sheet pan.
- Roughly chop the carrots and onions. Add them to the pan. Drizzle with EVOO and season to taste. Roast at 350° for 30 minutes until the chicken is golden brown, juicy and tender.
- While the chicken is cooling, prep the Simply Asia Roasted Peanut Bowl per instruction. Add the roast chicken and veg, grab a pair of chopsticks and yum!