Vacation planning leaves much to be desired from the bank account. Luckily, tartines are an inexpensive snack requiring minimal ingredients and, consequently, time.
It all begins with bread! Freshly baked, filled with hearty oats and crunchy seeds. Toasted until crunchy and deep brown in color.
Drizzled with olive oil, crowned with the vibrant greenery of half a small avocado. Sliced thinly and layered to create a visual treat highlighting the hallmark of tartines – simplicity.
Elevating the flavor is as simple as a generous sprinkling of sea salt and fresh, hand cracked peppercorns. For a spicy hint of rouge, try a dusting of red pepper flakes. Yummy! xoxo
- 1 slice of whole grain bread, toasted
- Drizzle of good quality olive oil
- 1/2 a small Haas avocado, thinly sliced
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Sea salt + fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread and gently drizzle with olive oil. Top with the thinly sliced avocado generously seasoning bread and avocado with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a gentle dash of red pepper flakes and off you go!